- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience6 – 8 years
- Job FieldICT / Computer
- This role provides governance & management of the relevant Business Support Systems (BSS) covering all environments; Production, Test and Disaster Recovery to ensure adequate maintenance, operation and improvement of the entire BSS components and related software stack to achieve the required quality of service and service levels.
- The role manages all BSS including the CRM, Provisioning, Middleware, Mediation, Mobile Number Portability and related systems. However, the Convergent Billing System (CBS) is excluded from the scope.
- Participate and contribute to thedevelopment and maintenance of the IT Strategy and IT Operating model
- Define and enforce BSS relatedprocesses and procedures
- Provide input on BSS Operations to other relevant IT processes and procedures
- Provides advisory services to IT Senior Management on BSS and operations
- Support BSS architecture design and optimization and BSS integration with Operations Support Systems (OSS) and the CBS
- Support project planning and execution within BSS domain
- Drive continual enhancements and improvements to the BSS and processes for business benefits
- Guide IT to optimal value creation using trending, analysis and benchmarking capabilities
- Drive for the attainment of agreed service levels for the BSS Operations and related KPIs
- Liaise with revenue management in ensuring business revenue is secure with appropriate interventions where there are business exposures
- Support Performance Management unit in contract management, vendor management & Service Level Management related to BSS services
- Provide oversight function for the BSS operations and support
- Manage the monitoring of BSS related application services for availability, performance in line with agreed Service Levels, overall health check of underlying system processes, capacity in line with licensing and business requirements, batch jobs monitoring/management.
- Manage trend analysis, root cause analysis, known error establishment, and creation of Change Requests, Incidents and Problem tracking and escalation, resolution and closure, user administration, License Management & Administration and service reporting for BSS.
- Drive regular health check service to provides comprehensive BSS application status information to aid the identification of potential issues and bottlenecks and forestall any events that may affect the availability, performance, and security of the application
- Manage the analysis and diagnosis of the resource utilization trends and problems associated with the application processes and tuning the BSS application environment, collaborating with IT Performance & Capacity Management functions to achieve and/or maintain the agreed Service Levels
- Ensure proper documentation of the BSS operating environments and storage into the knowledge management system for purposes of knowledge management and business continuity
- Manage the inquiry and request handling service in fulfilling standard and ad-hoc service requests related to the BSS
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop and periodically update a standard recovery procedure for operation to follow when a disaster occurs.
- Ensure the adequacy of the available Disaster Recovery (DR) infrastructure of the BSS to either maintain operation functions at an interim minimal survival level and/or re-establish full scale operations at a state of normal operation level if possible
- Support the periodic disaster recovery drills for services involving the BSS as planned and executed by the IT Business Continuity team
- Ensure all system and non-system processes required to guarantee a successful transfer of services between primary and DR sites are operational and working as planned
- Implement a system to validate the integrity of replication and all DR processes/services between the primary and DR sites and provide periodic reports to IT Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Sciences from an accredited college/university preferred.
- Strong customer-centricity is required.
- 6 to 8 years of combined experience work experience in BSS operations with role no less than half of those in an IT/Telecoms environment is strongly required.
- At least 3 year experience in a managerial role.
- Experience with IT financial management, resource planning, task prioritization, budget / cost control. Strong ability to process data and extractactionable insights
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes, IT sourcing, vendor management and the mobile telecommunications industry; possesses a broad-based operational perspective and provides solutions.
- Experience in working / negotiating through complex issues and providing alternative solutions.
- Good and demonstrable knowledge of& experience in IT Service Management in general and IT Operations specifically is required.
- Highly developed business communications skill (verbal and written), good team player, change agent, strategic and creative, excellent relationship management skills and the ability to drive performance, consensus from all areas within the company.
Manager Solution Architecture
- Lead and coordinate the planning, analysis and design of multi-domain Information Technology solutions to engender a world class and extensible architecture providing platforms for sustainable business capabilities in a fast-paced telecommunications environment.
- Responsible for identifying the strategic imperatives for IT and the translation of business requirements into set of technical specifications for the selection, design and implementation of fit for purpose IT Solutions.
- Coordinate the process for translating business requirement into technical specifications and ensuring alignment.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of the roadmap of IT initiatives to deliver the target architecture for the realization of extant business visions and strategies.
- Guide technology decisions, ensuring alignment with business objectives and established architecture principles& standards.
- Support the establishment and enforcement of architecture principles and standards through the platform of the Architecture Review Board and other architecture governance processes. Coordinate the activities of the Architecture Review Board.
- Review and recommend approval for IT solution design proposals as prerequisite for solution build and implementation. Validate compliance to architecture principles at key development checkpoints for solutions in development on the one hand and changes to those in production on the other
- Responsible for business process optimization and integration, covering enterprise application integration and enterprise data integration (EAI & EDI) within both internal and external contexts
- Enable enterprise agility i.e. facilitate quick response to market dynamics and adoption of new Develop and maintain a roadmap of IT initiatives to deliver the target architecture for the realization of extant business visions and strategies.
- Ensure all technical documents related to a project is compiled in accordance with IT Architectural Policy and best practices.
- Support the technology planning team is the definition of processes and frameworks for managing capacity-infrastructure and application licenses.
- Support the technology planning team in the production of capacity plans to proactively meet the demand on the IT organization to ensure that the business is adequately positioned to respond to internal/external demand in a consistently efficient and effective manner.
- Provide technical leadership for the implementation and integration of assigned IT projects
- Responsible for the design of fit-for-purpose solutions to solve business problems by facilitating design workshops with key stakeholders with strong emphasis on business value, risk and on time to value
- Own assigned project technical deliverable and ensure delivery to acceptable quality standard
- Facilitate and oversee the definition and testing of interfaces for systems integration within assigned project.
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Computer Science / Engineering or other Numerate Science.
- Minimum 6 year post National Service work experience, with at least 4 years experience as a Solution Integrator or Architect.
- Postgraduate/professional qualifications in related fields will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Architecture methodologies, standards, frameworks and tools (TOGAF, ZACHMAN, UML, etc.)
- Experienced in working with diverse teams of 5 or more people in dynamic and rapidly changing environments.
- Experience in multiple, diverse technology environments and domains including technical infrastructure, application development/management, middleware, database management, and operations.
- Understanding of telecommunication business and technology model/architecture.
- Understanding and experience across the solution implementation lifecycle.
- Experience in planning, building and running telecom BSS/OSS and related platforms are an added advantage.
- Very good conceptual and analytical thinking
- Excellent Verbal, Interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.