KPMG is a global network of independent professional services firm with deep expertise in the provision of audit, tax and advisory services to clients in various industries and sectors of the economy.
The Firm is well represented in Nigeria and across the African continent, with the objective of providing exceptional and quality services to multinational, regional and local clients and to enhance the product offerings in certain previously under-serviced market.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Recruitment at KPMG Nigeria
- Full Time
- The Finance and Accounts team in KPMG Nigeria is responsible for recording, preparing and presentation of the financial report of the firm’s activities.
- The role – Management of all processes associated with accounts payable
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a record of all vendors’ invoices and payments
- Maintain a record of inter-firm billings and payments
- Process all vendors’ payments and staff’ claims in accordance with the firm’s policy
- Ensure prompt recording and/or application of payments of accounts payable into the General Ledger, including inter-firm billings
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling the accruals system
- Maintain record of WHT deductions from Vendors and ensure remittance to the appropriate authorities (LSIR & FIRS)
- Responsible for computing WHT on rent and remittance to appropriate authorities
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of accounts payable to the general ledger
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of inter-firm balances to the general ledger
- Prepare monthly reconciliation statement for key vendors
- Prepare monthly reconciliation statement for key KPMG offices
- Maintain appropriate contact with key KPMG offices on inter-firm billings related matters
- Maintain appropriate contact with key finance officers on all vendors’ related matters
- Provide input on inter-firm billings to the Financial Accountant for IHQ reports
- Liaise with procurement units on vendor related matters and resolve all issues
- Provide daily accounts payable information for cash management purposes
- The Treasury Accountant will take up all the duties and responsibilities of the Payable Accountant when absent.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc. Accounting or its equivalent (Second-Class Upper Division)
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Conversant with Vendor management system and best practices
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Good understanding of local accounting principles
- Good Accounting skills
- Good understanding of WHT and VAT.
- Knowledge of basic information technology/Microsoft office tool
- Good organisation skills
- Good level of attention to details
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Maturity and tact
Key Performance Indicators:
- Capturing services not yet paid for 100% through the accrual system
- Speed of processing and releasing payments to vendors according to agreed terms
- Accuracy of inter-firm payable balances
- Accuracy of vendor’s payable balances
- Availability of daily accounts payable information not later than 11am of the following day
- Availability of monthly reconciliation statement of accounts payable not later than the 20th day of the following month
- Availability of monthly reconciliation statement of inter-firm balances not later than the 20th day of the following month
- Collection of WHT receipts on Vendors’ payable not later than 2months form date of remittance
- Timeliness of resolution of disputed balances by vendors and / or KPMG offices
- Accuracy of inter-firm billings into IHQ report