Christian Aid (CA) – Home to more than 160 million people, Nigeria has the largest population and the second largest economy in Africa, and has a major influence on the continent’s political agenda. However, Nigeria has a history of political instability, corruption and mismanagement of public resources, and has recently seen religious and ethnic conflict
Most of Nigeria’s wealth is held by a tiny economic and political elite and many people feel powerless to challenge the current system, campaign for their rights.
- The role provides an effective and efficient administration/logistics support to the Country team to enable the smooth functioning of the office, facilities, equipment and smooth day to day office operations.
- The post holder plays a vital role in ensuring proactive and timely logistics support to the county team.
- The role holder ensures that procedures are followed, standards are met and maintained.
- The post holder supports the Internal Procurement Committee and may be appointed to hold any position within the committee.
- This role works within the Operations team of the Nigeria office.
- The role supports the administration, logistics and procurements component of the department is the liason point for work permits and visa applications and plays a key part in driving effective systems and processes that enable the department meet its operational objectives.
- The post holder will ensure that systems are maintained and procedures are followed in all the sub-offices including the country office according to Christian Aid standard working closely with other administrative staff in the country programme.
- The post holder will support the procurement process for the Country programme as part of the procurement Committee.
- Facilitate the smooth flow of administrative processes across office locations.
- Coordinate and ensure effect inventory and asset management across office locations liaising with relevant administrative staff
- Coordinate country office logistics management working closely with the Administrative Assistant
- Coordinate the inspection of facilities and intra-office equipment movement for adequate documentation.
- Provide support with consultancy and vendor contract management processes
- Conduct inductions for new staff on administrative systems and procedures.
- Work closely with the Procurement Committee including assuming any position as may be appointed within the committee.
- Review performance service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being met
- Attend to Other duties as assigned.
- External Liaising with external stakeholders at all levels to achieve role objectives and purpose specifically, the Suppliers, Service Providers and Regulatory Institutions.
- Internal Liaising with colleagues at all levels,
- Making decisions regarding the day to day running of administrative and financial functions within the humanitarian response. Making decisions to ensure relationships are managed effectively with external suppliers. Display good judgements to ensure smooth operations.
- Ability to apply logical thinking and common sense to routine taks and information, and testing solutions to day to day issues.
Developing Self and Others:
- Continuously look for opportunities for self-development. Give and receive honest and open feedback in a timely manner. Take personal initiative to deliver on responsibility under supervision. Able to request support in the execution of duties and taking advice.
- Salary Offer N8,114,408 Per Annum